Force Windows Update install

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
So I checked WU this morning and noticed that there was an optional update for my Intel 915 graphics card. I figured I'd install it, in the very vague hope that Intel actually wrote a WDDM driver (which they should, since the 915 fully supports all of Aero Glass' requirements). It tried installing, and it said that the install failed.

The error code given seems to indicate that the driver in my system is more recent than the one available. The weird thing is that I checked the publishing date of the update, and it's February 8, 2007. I checked the date of my current driver, and it's August 8, 2006. I highly doubt that the driver available in WU is older than the one installed in my system. So yeah, I wouldn't mind trying to install that driver and checking it out.

Is there any way that I can force the install? Or try to prevent the automatic installation of the current one? (I tried uninstalling my current driver, but upon reboot it would just reinstall it before I could run WU)

Apu

Maybe try goig to device manager and actually installing whatever driver was on there before the one you currently also installed.

Having a similar thing with my NVIDIA at the moment too, there is an update on there but I know its an older one so I haven't bothered to install it.

Yeah, I tried doing that. I told it to search online for updated drivers, and it keeps saying that I have the most recent one. I didn't really install the one I have now, Vista just loaded it up when it detected all the hardware...

I'm curious if there's a way to download the actual update in a file, and then unpacking it...

Yeah, I tried doing that. I told it to search online for updated drivers, and it keeps saying that I have the most recent one. I didn't really install the one I have now, Vista just loaded it up when it detected all the hardware...

I'm curious if there's a way to download the actual update in a file, and then unpacking it...
Is there any PID associated with the update, similar to KB#'s for Windows Updates?

i've noticed the same thing. sometimes the published date on the windows update is wrong or something, if you check the versions in device manager and check the offical site at Intel it might be that you have the more recent version. happend to me with nforce ones (just before the recent ones released)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back