Force a game to load on secondary monitor

belveder

OSNN Senior Addict
I was wondering if there is a way to force a game to load on my secondary monitor as my primary is a widescreen and some games just don't go to good on a widescreen. Any help would be appreciated

nVidia and ATI control panels allow you to swap the output treated as primary.

Yeah I know, but I thought there may be a command or something so that when I double click on the icon it will just load on the secondary monitor

You would have to switch your designation for primary and secondary in order to do what I think you are planning to do, like Lord said. Ultramon does allow you to move things from one window to the next (works best in XP) but it requires items to be windowed.

Consider that you do have a lot higher overhead when your second display is active and your frame-rates plummet. Additionally you will have a lot of your desktop icons repositioned sometimes.

Yeah I know I tried that and it was messy, lol, I'm using Vista at the moment and the one good thing is that it automatically puts the black bars etc on the edge of games so I can play anything on widescreen but XP doesn't do that so that's why I was trying to come up with my original idea so I can go back to XP

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back