For you Smokers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonman

Bleh!
I'm a smoker and occasionally I have to spend a day or two getting the build-up nicotine stains off of my stuff. I did a search a while back and came up with a killer solution that literally melts nicontine build-up with very little ellbow grease and no super harsh chemicals. The solution:

1 gallon hot water
1/2 cup of 20 Mule Team Borax
1/2 teaspoon liquid dish detergent (Dawn cuts grease and would work well for the stains)
1 tablespoon ammonia

I like to use this in a spray bottle after the borax has all disolved. Have a bucket of clean water handy to rinse your rag out in because the stuff you melt off is uber-nasty and you don't want to contaminate your cleaning solution by rinsing your rag out in it.

I've also used that really harsh shower cleaner which works well, but this stuff works even better without the nasty fumes and burning skin.

You're a smoker? Why don't you just go suck on the exhaust pipe of a poorly-tuned automobile.

i smoke, I wonder if I should use it on my teeth.... :D

tdinc said:
i smoke, I wonder if I should use it on my teeth.... :D
You could try. I doubt it would do any more harm than what that smoke is doing to your lungs.
wink.gif

Nice tip Lonman,

Erm, what the hell is 1/2 cup of 20 Mule Team Borax

Could someone translate that to British :confused:

Thread Moved: Windows Tweaks -> Green Room

An even better way to remove the stains would be to smoke outside or quit smoking.

SPeedY_B said:
Thread Moved: Windows Tweaks -> Green Room

An even better way to remove the stains would be to smoke outside or quit smoking.

Well !!! thats like formatting yyou hard drive to fix a windows problem, it works but not actually getting to the point !

Oh come on, I already took care of nails with my chainsaw.......Alright, how about using a Flamethrower to light a cigarette.....(this is a smoking thread) :p

Bytes Back said:
Nice tip Lonman,

Erm, what the hell is 1/2 cup of 20 Mule Team Borax

Could someone translate that to British :confused:

This apparently: http://www.dialcorp.com/index.cfm?page_id=56 :)

Jewelzz said:
That's what I do and have done for years, at the request of my daughter :)
Very respectable of you, my parents do the same. Can't see the point in making your home smell and stain the walls etc. I actually find people who smoke inside quite odd :p :D

SPeedY_B said:

Ta for the info, sadly it doesn't actually say what a british equivalent is, IE is tesco saver bleqach gonna cut the Mustard? ( or melt the plastic ! )

Jewelzz said:
That's what I do and have done for years, at the request of my daughter :)

I have to, Wife and kids cant stand smoking in the house so I'm banished To The Garden, Still, gives a break every now and then :D

SpaceCasey said:
Oh come on, I already took care of nails with my chainsaw.......Alright, how about using a Flamethrower to light a cigarette.....(this is a smoking thread) :p
:D :D

Steam roller to roll your own ?

Like a Pommie using soap?????? ;)

I know, it's an oldie Bytes but still a goodie... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back