• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

For you Smokers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a smoker and occasionally I have to spend a day or two getting the build-up nicotine stains off of my stuff. I did a search a while back and came up with a killer solution that literally melts nicontine build-up with very little ellbow grease and no super harsh chemicals. The solution:

1 gallon hot water
1/2 cup of 20 Mule Team Borax
1/2 teaspoon liquid dish detergent (Dawn cuts grease and would work well for the stains)
1 tablespoon ammonia

I like to use this in a spray bottle after the borax has all disolved. Have a bucket of clean water handy to rinse your rag out in because the stuff you melt off is uber-nasty and you don't want to contaminate your cleaning solution by rinsing your rag out in it.

I've also used that really harsh shower cleaner which works well, but this stuff works even better without the nasty fumes and burning skin.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Thread Moved: Windows Tweaks -> Green Room

An even better way to remove the stains would be to smoke outside or quit smoking.

Bytes Back

Ex Police Chief
SPeedY_B said:
Thread Moved: Windows Tweaks -> Green Room

An even better way to remove the stains would be to smoke outside or quit smoking.

Well !!! thats like formatting yyou hard drive to fix a windows problem, it works but not actually getting to the point !

SpaceCasey

Commander "Frag-Cafe.Com"
Oh come on, I already took care of nails with my chainsaw.......Alright, how about using a Flamethrower to light a cigarette.....(this is a smoking thread) :p

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Bytes Back said:
Nice tip Lonman,

Erm, what the hell is 1/2 cup of 20 Mule Team Borax

Could someone translate that to British :confused:
This apparently: http://www.dialcorp.com/index.cfm?page_id=56 :)

Jewelzz said:
That's what I do and have done for years, at the request of my daughter :)
Very respectable of you, my parents do the same. Can't see the point in making your home smell and stain the walls etc. I actually find people who smoke inside quite odd :p :D

Bytes Back

Ex Police Chief
Ta for the info, sadly it doesn't actually say what a british equivalent is, IE is tesco saver bleqach gonna cut the Mustard? ( or melt the plastic ! )

Jewelzz said:
That's what I do and have done for years, at the request of my daughter :)
I have to, Wife and kids cant stand smoking in the house so I'm banished To The Garden, Still, gives a break every now and then :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test