[FOR SALE] Compaq Laptop -- AMD Athlon XP 3000+

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
I am selling my Compaq R3000 laptop since I'm getting a MacBook. I don't pretend to need two laptops. :p It's been used for about a year but is in perfect working condition and nearly perfect physical condition. Also comes with Office XP Pro and a black laptop carrying case.

I've just put it up on eBay, but I will gladly take it down if any of you are interested. Make me an offer here or by PM if you are interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6882348504&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

That's a decent looking laptop, and I am currently in the market for one.

Is there any type of warranty left on it?

sean.ferguson said:
One word... Macbook ;)
One word...No :p

I'm a PC guy, through and through. Been looking at this a bit, may fit my needs quite nicely. That plus I am an AMD fan as well ;)

KC, it's past the year warranty so I'm afraid there's nothing left on it. Let me know if you're still interested.

Definitely still interested. Something for that price with those specs is still worth it, pending I take care of it ;)

kcnychief said:
Definitely still interested. Something for that price with those specs is still worth it, pending I take care of it ;)

Cool. I'll pull the auction if you decide on it. You got a little over 2 days to think about it. ;)

Yeah, I want to think about it. Also want to hunt down some reviews on it, find out what other cost comparative models will run these days, etc.

I am currently watching the item in my eBay ;)

great.. another CPU to add to KCNY's folding harem :)

I assume $300 was your reserve, congratulations on that :)

The auction is sitting at my reserve right now and I've decided that $400 is my cut-off. I watched an auction for the same laptop end at $455.00, and that was without Office or a carrying case included. Thanks to those of you who have shown interest so far! :)

On a side note -- I hope someday to not NEED the money for things I sell, which would mean that I could offer stuff to you guys for a good amount less than a normal asking price. Growth of a small business takes a few years, so maybe one of these days. ;)

wow thats a good deal, wish I was not so poor! lol I think I just have to many hobbies.

Honestly, I think you will probably get somewhere between 400-500 for it.

Which, while still a good deal, I'll have to pass on. Good luck though muzi :)

Thanks, KC.

Weird, I just noticed there is no "Buy it Now" on the auction. I could have sworn I added that, but now I'm glad it's not there. :s

muzikool said:
Thanks, KC.

Weird, I just noticed there is no "Buy it Now" on the auction. I could have sworn I added that, but now I'm glad it's not there. :s
Since you had both a reserve, and a buy it now, let me clarify a bit how that works.

The reserve auction comes with a fee, based on the FVC of the auction if it sells at that fee. For example, a $300 reserve price, will charge you for a $300 final value fee, incase the item doesn't sell. If the reserve is met, thus the item will sell, that fee is refunded to you at the end of the auction.

When a Buy it now is placed on an auction, that option disappears after the first bid is placed. The Buy It Now is sort of a feature of convenience, which allows users to get it sooner.

When the two are used together, Buy It Now and Reserve, The Buy It Now will stay there until the Reserve is met. Once the Reserve is met, the item will sell, and that, essentially, is when the first real bid is placed.

Hope that makes sense :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back