For Canadians Only!!!

K

Kirrie2001

Liberal Deep Thinkers

While visiting England recently, Jean Chretien is invited to have Tea with the Queen.

Given his recent political problems, he decides to take advantage of her years of leadership experience and asks her what her leadership philosophy is.

She responds that it is to surround herself with the most intelligent people she can find and let them do their jobs.

Intrigued with this novel theory, Chretien asks her how she is able to tell if the people are intelligent.

"I do so by asking them a test question" responds the Queen. "Allow me to demonstrate."

The Queen then dials 10 Downing Street and asks to speak to Tony Blair.

"Mr. Prime Minister, please answer a hypothetical question for me.

"I'll do my best, Your Majesty" responds Blair.

"Your mother has a child and your father has a child" says the Queen.

"The child is not your brother or your sister. Who is the child?"

Tony Blair hesitates momentarily and then confidently replies

"Well, Your Majesty, I guess it would have to be me."

"Correct" says the Queen. "Thank you and good day to you Sir."

The Queen hangs up and says "Did you hear that Mr. Chretien? See how clever he is."

Impressed, Chretien replies "I certainly did. I'll definately be using that one when I conduct my next Cabinet shuffle back in Canada."

Upon returning to Ottawa, Chretien decides he'd better put some of his senior Cabinet Ministers to the test.

He summons Sheila Copps to his office and says,

" Madame Minister, I wonder if you could answer a question for me?"

"Why of course Sir" Copps responds eagerly, impressed that the Prime Minister was actually seeking her input on something.

"Well, uh, let's say your mother has a child and your father too has a child. This child is not your brother and also is not your sister. Who is it?"

Somewhat surprised at this odd question, Copps hems and haws and finally asks if she can have some time to think about it.

"Certainly" responds Chretien.

Copps immediately calls a meeting of other senior Liberals and they puzzle over the question for several hours. Totally baffled, they decide to conduct some research and contact a loyal Quebec consulting firm.

A budget of $10 milliion is provided and intensive research is carried out over the next two weeks. Unfortunately, the consultants are unable to come up with an answer.

Desperate to impress her boss, Copps decides to take a chance and calls

Stephen Harper, who just happens to be in his office on Parliament Hill.

"I realize you are just an Alberta redneck and are not all that wise in

the ways of the world, but maybe you can help me out with a problem I have. I will certainly make it worth your while. I can guarantee your consituency at least a couple of hundred million in government spending over the next year."

Harper is naturally sceptical about Liberal promises, but in the spirit of political co-operation he agrees to do what he can to help out.

"O.K., here goes" says Copps. "Your mother has a child and your father has a child. The child is not your brother or your sister. Who is the child?"

Without hesitating, Harper responds "It would be me, of course."

Impressed at the Albertan's quick response, Copps quickly brushes off Harper and rushes to the Prime Minister's office.

" I know the answer to your question Sir!! I know who the child is!!"

Chretien, who was privately becoming a bit concerned at the delay in hearing back from Copps, is delighted. "Who is it Sheila?" he asks.

With obvious pride, Copps replies "Its Stephen Harper Sir - its Stephen Harper!!"

Stunned, Chretien shouts in disgust, "Wrong you idiot - its Tony Blair!!"

LMAO ...damn that could happen!! the really pathetic thing is i voted liberal :)

tho i find this joke to be very racist!!! :)

Hahaha! Would you believe, I got it from a Canadian in BC.

BTW Burpster, where is the racism in it, as I don`t know the Canadian side of it that well?

just pulling your leg bud ...i thought it was great fun and probably not far from what actually gones on inside the marble walls :)

lol that sounds like it could probably happen, lol good stuff man!

-Bert

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back