For All Your Computer Parts Needs.

Taggert_LOA

Modding Addict
Political Access
I apologize if i am violating any terms or conditions of this site, but i am so damned excited about this i had to share it, I am Upgrading my fiance's pc. from a Gateway Essential 733c to a Frankenstein 1.7ghz Celeron Processor, New MB the whole works. The only Problem i had was that the current PSU is only 90W. I needed at least 300w. so just go buy one right? well not so fast. i haven't told you about the case yet. It's a Gateway Matx Slimline Case, which means i have 2 options, buy a new case, or not. Since I worked my ass off to get the right air flow in the case to prevent the overheating i was having. (old Post Heating Issue in matx case) I figured i'll just buy a 300w Matx power supply. well the company i am buying the new MB and Cpu from told me they don't carry any and don't know if anyone does. well i spent 3 days on the web looking for one and i came across it! it's at a site called PCDirect.com and it was only 18.00 with FREE shipping! so i just wanted to let everybody know they carry just about everything and the prices are awesome. Hope you all find this information helpful.
Thanks for Reading.

From what i know they are all made from the same parts in the same countries and all you wind up paying for is a label someone slaps on it to make you thinks it better than the rest.

I'm not aware of anything wrong w/ that brand its just not a "name brand" in the PSU market is all ... being is the PSU is one of the most important pieces I myself would go name brand. Oh and all PSU's aren't created equal sadly. :(

actually when it comes to psu's you tend to get what you pay for..

the name-brand companies (ie antec/enermax and the lot) are using higher quality components and when they say 400W... they are talking about peak... yes.. but they are also talking about a higher sustainable average output...

multiple tests have shown this to be true... the name-brand psu's actually produce adequate power and have tighter tolerances than the no-brand ones :) like i said... due to the quality of the components..

unless you use a dell psu... afaik dell psu's are listed @ lower wattage but they hit this wattage CONSISTENTLY and are actually capable of a higher peak..

I have personally never heard of arrow but hang on to that warranty would be my suggestion..

considering it's for a low end machine, i don't see the problem here,
antec and enermax don't seem to make one for an Matx at that wattage the highest enermax makes is 250w. that's not enough for what i need.

General Features:
300 Watts
ATX, ATX12V connectors
Three (3) large 4-pin power connectors
User switchable between 115V/230V
Over Current Protection
Over Power Protection
Short Circuit Protection

Power Specifications:
+3.3V ~ 14A
+5V ~ 25A
+12V ~ 10A
-5V ~ 0.5A
-12V ~ 0.8A
+5vsb ~ 3A

Regulatory Approvals
FCC, CE, TUV, SEMKO, DEMKO, NEMKO

my buddy got a 500watt PSU at a computer convention for $50.. the guy said they bought way too many, and they just want room for storage.. he plugged it in the wall to test it, and his room smelled like sausage for 3 days. now whenever he talks about his computer, he says its powered by sausage. he wanted to get a sticker, but i talked him out of it, luckily.

dubstar said:
my buddy got a 500watt PSU at a computer convention for $50.. the guy said they bought way too many, and they just want room for storage.. he plugged it in the wall to test it, and his room smelled like sausage for 3 days. now whenever he talks about his computer, he says its powered by sausage. he wanted to get a sticker, but i talked him out of it, luckily.
lol thats a great story and i would so have a sticker if that was my story as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back