for all you DAP users

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Fro all you Download Accelerator Plus users, i found a better download accelerator/manager than it. it's called Kontiki. you can get it at:

www.kontiki.com/get/installing.html

there are a couple people that like the program. I find it to be much better than DAP. has no spyware either, as far as i know.

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
Fro all you Download Accelerator Plus users, i found a better download accelerator/manager than it. it's called Kontiki. you can get it at:

www.kontiki.com/get/installing.html

there are a couple people that like the program. I find it to be much better than DAP. has no spyware either, as far as i know.

Thnaks but I'll stick to DAP 5.3, it skinable, fast and reliable (for me at least) giving over 75KB/sec most of the time.

Yeah me too,,, I tired it and it "just did'nt do anything" for me...
Meanwhile with DAP i'm getting over 100KB in SUPERacceleration...

You DO realize that the copyright holder [of the program/music/video file you download with Kontiki] has the ability to decide when to delete all copies downloaded with Kontiki at any time? Read the fine print...Kontiki has termitating downloads, per the owner.

When I uninstalled it wanted a reason...
One of the reasons is "too invasive"...

That should tell ya something...

interesting...

First of all, MiseryQv1.2, if you are using a Cable connection, which you must be to use super accelerated mode in DAP, 100 Kbits/sec. is not too good. using Kontiki, i sometimes have downloads that peak at around 700+ Kbits/sec. i'll post a cropped screenshot to prove that too.

and Sprung, the only files i know of that can be deleted after a certain period of time are ones downloaded from inside the program itself in the "popular" tab. other than that, i doubt they can. i found a movie on there that had a limit of 1 viewing time and then it was deleted, but if you think about it, you can probably find the same thing somewhere else.

i forgot bout dap
lol gonna try it out again in a while
u can get movies n all on it too???

I did'nt try it long enough to get a feel for it for the reason I mentioned...

well, i recommend giving Kontiki a try. it's worth it. and i've tried GetRight. it's just like FlashGet and DAP. not sure, but still say Kontiki is better.

Desimatrix, i don't think they're FULL version movies. i think they're just like extended versions of movie trailers. to get full movies, use Kazaa. lol

well, Supplicium, did you try Kontiki? i'd say it's a lot better than DAP. no spyware, which is a plus. sometimes has MUCH faster download speeds, up to 400-600+ Kb/sec. depending on how many sources and the speed of the source. also, Kontiki doesn't offer to download something sometimes when you click on a link. happens to me whenever i visit www.classicgaming.com and try to download ROM's.

sorry guyz...kontika has tons of spyware

I downloaded it to see what imrovments might present compared to dak and star...adaware went nuts, six registry keys as well, then when I removed the proggy, malicious kookies all over the place...I do not recomend the use or endorsment of this product

adaware with kontiki

well, don't know what your computer is smokin. i just did a scan of my entire C drive AND a deep registry scan, and didn't have as many registry keys as you did on my entire C drive. and i checked the log, none of them referred to Kontiki. so my best guess is that something ELSE on your computer added those ads into kontiki. either that or you have to double check the log.

Read the user license agreement. it says they have the right to check what your downloading.

Kontika DOES have spyware!

As for DAP having spyware, if you buy the full-monty version, it has NO spyware.

elemental, you must update your ref file...do you ahve the latest adaware?...if you do, your old refupdate will not work...in any event, this is spyware

Re: interesting...

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
First of all, MiseryQv1.2, if you are using a Cable connection, which you must be to use super accelerated mode in DAP, 100 Kbits/sec. is not too good. using Kontiki, i sometimes have downloads that peak at around 700+ Kbits/sec. i'll post a cropped screenshot to prove that too.

and Sprung, the only files i know of that can be deleted after a certain period of time are ones downloaded from inside the program itself in the "popular" tab. other than that, i doubt they can. i found a movie on there that had a limit of 1 viewing time and then it was deleted, but if you think about it, you can probably find the same thing somewhere else.

...That file you attached...that's kilobits. You were only downloading at 750 kilobits/sec. Thats good, but my cable allows me to download at 2000 kilobits/second.

Hence 2megabit connection.

a 56k is 56 kilobit/s.

750 kilobits is roughly only 100kb/s.

56 kilo bits is roughly 5 kb/s

2megabits is roughly 250kb/s

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back