? for all you CD burning gurus out there

mellow

OSNN Newbie
Whats up everyone, quick question, i usually download long mixes of the net that i listen to in my car, the thing is with these 70min+ mixes is sometimes there are parts youd rather miss, anybody know how i can tag certain parts as track numbers so i can get to some of the parts i like and avoid the others i dont? im sure there are ways to do them via editing programs i was hoping you guys could show me the simplest solution.
Thanx :)

the only way that comes to my mind would be to convert the whole thing to wav format then use a wave editor (there is one included in Nero) to break it up into segments. You can set the pause between them to zero so that they flow nicely into one another later.

(I would not recommend reconverting the altered wav files to mp3, but rather burn the wav files directly)

If you convert the whole thing to wav make sure you have plenty of disk space. It could be 7 gig.

Ot

mellow said:
, i usually download long mixes of the net :)
not a hijack directly - but can I veer OT and ask where you get those mixes? (parties on the horizon, so some burning planned here!)

thanks if you can give any pointers

MP3DirectCut will allow you to edit the mp3 directly. I think it will also allow you to add edit markers and export the new "mix"

Adobe Audition (formerly known as Cool Edit) will allow you to edit them also. It will convert and edit any audio format.

another vote for mp3directcut. i f you can get a cue sheet of the mix, the app can cut and save the songs automatically

WinONCD maybe?

mellow said:
Whats up everyone, quick question, i usually download long mixes of the net that i listen to in my car, the thing is with these 70min+ mixes is sometimes there are parts youd rather miss, anybody know how i can tag certain parts as track numbers so i can get to some of the parts i like and avoid the others i dont? im sure there are ways to do them via editing programs i was hoping you guys could show me the simplest solution.
Thanx :)
well - so happens I was playing around with Roxios WinOnCD the other day (not I bought this for another reason in it's DVD incarnation and am actually not happy with it overall)... But I was burning an album and went to the track edit mode and it seemed to cover all you could need- so you could look into that maybe. Plus it come sfrom Roxio so should have V.Good compatibility (just avoid the DirectCD component I would say from my esperience)

Mainframeguy said:
not a hijack directly - but can I veer OT and ask where you get those mixes? (parties on the horizon, so some burning planned here!)

thanks if you can give any pointers

Winmx, type mix or mix 2003, or techno mix or hip hop..u get the idea, happy downloadin, alot of nice stuff out there

Will try out some of the software especially the one with the two votes,MP3directcut
thanx everyone ;)

Nero problems after format and install

I reformatted my pc and after installing Nero,i cannot burn cd's, it comes with the error "No Fixation" and then stops. Before i formatted i still couldn't burn a cd everytime as it would burn it and i could see it on the disc but i couldn't read it.i burned on the same disc several times ,each burn the same. Even on another pc i could not read it , any ideas would be great

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back