Foobar2000

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
O.k .. I have been trying this out for the past couple of days. I have to say that I am very impressed with it. I am quite happy with the fact that it uses a lot less resources then winamp, and also don't have all the bloat that winamp has in it.

No, I am not blasting winamp, I love winamp. It is the only AOL program I do like. I am simply saying that I found something that suits my needs better. A great "MUSIC" player that plays just, well, Music .. This little app is quite amazing. The default sound quality sux, but the feq I got for it makes it sounds as good as winamp does :)

Anyone else use this program ??

Johnny said:
Nothing will ever replace Winamp. WMP10, tunes, RealPlayer, Foobar, Coolplayer, Sonique, Quicktime, etc combined couldn't carry the jock strap of this program. It is the best media player period ..
http://www.osnn.net/forum/showpost.php?p=621280&postcount=17

Never say never?
laugh.gif

I didn't say it replaces it. I said I found something that I like equal to it .. lol .. and when I said that about foobar, I didn't really go into great detail with it the last time I tested it.

Before I decided on liking it I went threw a couple of them. Sonique, WMP10, Itunes, etc. They all still sux. But Foobar improved over the long time since I used it last ..

Plays just ncie for me at 96Khz/24bit resampling... Whether it improves the sound or not I dunno but the options there so :D

ANyway I like its stereo to quadrophinic upmixing. Does a better job then CMSS :D

0.9 beta is stable as 0.8 too :D

The thing with winamp is that there is a background sound all the time .. With any other media player it's not there .. I'm not sure what it is .. Winamp is still the best player, with the improvements to this one. It is getting better ..

I love foobar2000, it's very quick, loads large playlists with ease (I've never been able to get Winamp to do it properly), it's simple to look at, and it's so customisable should you want it to be. Top notch software! :D

Johnny said:
The default sound quality sux, but the feq I got for it makes it sounds as good as winamp does :)

How can you possibly say the sound quality sucks? It is about as clean a playback chain you will ever see on a Windows PC. If it's sounds bad without EQ, it means that either your soundcard or speakers leave ALOT to be desired.

Last edited:
dreamliner77 said:
How can you possibly say the sound quality sucks? It is about as clean a playback chain you will ever see on a Windows PC. If it's sounds bad without EQ, it means that either your soundcard or speakers leave ALOT to be desired.

That is very true. I have a generic built in audio card with my computer .. I got an feq for foobar that makes it sound better. I attached it below so who ever wants to can check it out ..

Attachments

• Foobar Feq.zip
    168 bytes · Views: 781
O.k, I am back to winamp .. They really improved foobar. I like the changes, but I missed winamp to much. It is my baby :D Long live the best media player ever :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back