• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Folding SMP Client question

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
For anyone who is using the SMP client, I have a question.

How can I run it easily under Vista? I don't want to have to re-initialize the sucker EVERY time I re-start and I don't want the console window just sitting there, staring at me.

Will there be a big gain if I run this v/s a few individual folding clients per core?

:suprised:

Steevo

Spammer representing.
Political User
For anyone who is using the SMP client, I have a question.

How can I run it easily under Vista? Service
I don't want to have to re-initialize the sucker EVERY time I re-start and I don't want the console window just sitting there, staring at me. Service

Will there be a big gain if I run this v/s a few individual folding clients per core? Yes

:suprised:
Make sure to follow the instructions on installation, and keep your secondary login service running so it can start with your credentials.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Steevo, I had it running last night when I was setting up my new system, but it is very inconvenient.

Since it is a new build, I have to reboot after driver installs and what not and it is a pain when I have to restart the whole process for the SMP client.

What is the PPD advantage and so forth of the SMP v/s running 2/3 or 4 individual items?

Is it worth it? The annoyances?

:D

Thanks

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
yes.. very worth it

the SMP units are typically returning points in the 1700+ range per unit. My dual core box is returning them every other day or so.

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
This is on XP, but I've gotten it working on Vista as well.. but my laptop running Vista isn't on all the time so I would rarely finish SMP WU's on time so I switched this back to the normal cores.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix