• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

folding@home with 3850

nod32

OSNN Addict
Ive finally gotten around to start folding@home but im just trying to figure somethings out. In the faqs, it says that using your gpu can increase your producation 30x?! Seems like a no brainer but it says that catalyst 6.1 is the best for it?

Im running 8.3 and there was supposed to be a client coming out for this version. Is that the beta that currently out? (http://forums.legitreviews.com/post101139.html)

Im also running a dual core processor so do i need a different client?

Help me figure this out so i can get going!

thanks
nod32

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
The new folding app for gpu's is not out yet, I don't think.

Currently it only works for the 18xx/19xx series cards.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
I don't know. I gave up waiting a LONG time ago. Keep in mind that the GPU folding units don't have to come out at any given time. It will be out when it's out :)

So, I just bought a ps3 and fold using that.

nod32

OSNN Addict
Hopefully this time it'll come out.

If I want to fold with my cpu do i just download the regular client or the smp one? And hows the beta?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
What processor do you have?

And the beta is pretty much all that's currently available.

haha thanks
finally got rid of it. It was called vundo and it was all over the place. I couldn't delete some of the files even in safe mode, and the ones that i could kept coming back. Turns out they were in system restore, and one by one after many reboots and scans, theyre finally all gone :)

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Interesting.

Check the Stanford folding forums to see if anyone else has reported this problem.

I am still pending points for my 2 1500 point units I completed a few months back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaiwhitis