Folding Group

I made kcnychief group leader, will also add mfg, dunno what this does tho :)

I believe you don't show up on the list til you finish your first WU. Cause I didnt show up on the team right away.

The place to check is not extreme wottists - it is teh official one here

Anyways we still need Vanquished to "confess" if he does not - there could be technical issues with his machine, the folding client, or the fact he maybe has it configured to only use 10% CPU of a PII or somesuch and the WU's all have deadlines.... all of which might mean he were trying to fold, just not actually making any diff to the team....

Vanquished coulda been pretty innocent here - and just thought "I'll join that" with out the slightest idea what he was into....

I think I'll leave it for you to find out what being a leader does KCNY - seeing as you outrank me in folding ATM....

Mainframeguy said:
The place to check is not extreme wottists - it is teh official one here

Anyways we still need Vanquished to "confess" if he does not - there could be technical issues with his machine, the folding client, or the fact he maybe has it configured to only use 10% CPU of a PII or somesuch and the WU's all have deadlines.... all of which might mean he were trying to fold, just not actually making any diff to the team....

Vanquished coulda been pretty innocent here - and just thought "I'll join that" with out the slightest idea what he was into....

I think I'll leave it for you to find out what being a leader does KCNY - seeing as you outrank me in folding ATM....

Nothing personal to Vanquished, as it could have been something that is not configured correctly, but the group isn't really moderated atm. All you have to do is join, there was verification intially but I dont' think that is required anymore. The badge is not just a status symbol, it actually has meaning.

If I find out he's doing this maliciously, I won't be happy at all :mad:

I just did an audit on active folders, and it only returned 23 users.

Steevo
ejn74
fitz
kcnychief
MainFrameGuy
SHAROB
tom9042
Zedric
zeke_mo
X-istence
yalooze
Mike_Farley
falconguard
Raz0r
Admiral Michael
Duke2000
Sazar
Khayman
nlm
David Kirk
plfus
xio_osnn
Terrahertz

Can we start to moderate this a bit? I know it is just another thing to do, but maybe if we take badges away from people who aren't active, it will encourage them to fold again and the team will benefit.

Yeah, but not sure what it does for me. I know that I can't manage group memberships though.

EP do you think it possible to give me control over members for the Folding Group?

We don't even trust you with my cookies...

One of the mods on the group can moderate as needed.

That's all well and good, I say we kick some people out. As I stated above, if you take badges away it may encourage others to fold again. Some people even have the badge who have never folded before :rolleyes:

So gets to stepping, the badge needs to stand for something.

I wonder if we can tie into the extremefolding thinger and use that to designate who does and does not qualify.

They have a list of ACTIVE folders there.

Sazar said:
I wonder if we can tie into the extremefolding thinger and use that to designate who does and does not qualify.

They have a list of ACTIVE folders there.

So you mean a script that checks if they qualify? If so that's an awesome idea.

Yah, to see if there has been a recent submission.

There are a lot of people who haven't recently contributed (like the last week or two) but have contributed within the past 50 days.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back