Folders leave trails on the screen

P

PlagueWielder

Hey

Sometimes when I move folders or files from place to place on my computer they leave those gray dotted lines on the screen.

I added the picture of it.

Heres my specs that I think are related to this:

Athlon T-Bird 1GHz
384 DDR PC 2100
GeForce 2 MX 400 32 MB

Thanks

What drivers are you using?

What refresh rate is your monitor set at?

nah those trails are what you get from Smoking Weed 3000 times.

cool.gif

lol, this is my old nick and im too lazy to make a new account.

anyway, Im using the 41.09 drivers and my resolution is
1280x1024. My refresh rate is set to 70 Hz in the nVidia control panel but when I click on the button on my monitor it shows 60 Hz.

So now I have 2 questions:
1. Which refresh rate is the one that Im using?
2. Should I upgrade my drivers?? To which version?

Thanks

1. there really is no need to be using such new drivers on a card that age. Not being horrible there! Might want to revert back to perhaps the 23.11's. Just an idea.

2. Set your monitor refresh rate through Display Properties>Advanced>Monitor.

3. That resolution is VERY high, i would suggest lowering it to 1024x768 or 1152x864. Might be to much for your card/monitor to handle (which could be causing the dotted lines being left behind)

get tweak-xp and have the system do an automatic system refresh. what it is, is just a refresh of the desktop so that you loose those lines. (same as right click, and refresh).

ok, thanks but there is no way im lowering my res. ill try the drivers through. and should I change my refresh rate to 85 or something higher??

thanks

85 should be fine. Any higher is unnoticeable and will just cause your monitor to reach its sell by date quicker!

Let us know how you get on.

PS If those weird dotted lines appear on your desktop, a quick press of F5 should get rid of them temporarily.

Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back