Folders are messed up:(

A

Aileron

Hello. Here's my problem: I was fooling around with the folders on xp, and now whenever i open a file on the desktop by double clicking on it, it opens search companion. But if i click on wolfenstein it opens wolfenstein. So basically the problem is when i open a folder that i created or just a regular folder on the desktop it opens the search companion. another example is if i open my computer it opens correctly, but if i open a folder i made called bikes or music it opens in search companion. And also this is my moms computer so if she finds out i messed up the files she'll probably kill me.

thanx for your help

also im a newb so please don't get too technical

Aileron

Open up you registry and go to these two places:-

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell

and double-click the (Default) in the right hand side and type:-

none

Thanx for that reply. i tried it and it worked beautifully!

Thanx again

Aileron

Hey. I've got another question, when i was playing around earlier i inserted a picture disc and i told it to take no action and to always take no action. well it obviously works and when i insert a picture file i have to go to my computer to open it instead of it recognizing it, and having multiple options come up.

thanx for your help

Aileron

So I'm assuming that you would like the "Autorun" feature back.
Well try this go into your registry to this point:-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom

and give

Autorun

a Value of

Then make your way here in the registry:-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

and make sure:-

NoDriveTypeAutoRun

has a Value of:-

91 (this is for dwords)

or maybe

91 00 00 00 (this is for binaries)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back