Folder Views In Xp

A

avitser

HOW CAN I KEEP MY FOLDER VIEWS THE SAME IN EVERY PROGRAM.
IN ONE I GET THE LIST WHICH I LIKE AND IN OTHERS I GET THE THUMBNAILS WHICH I HATE.
TRIED EVERYTHING MICROSOFT SUGGESTS. MAYBE SOMEONE KNOWS A BETTER TWEAK FOR THAT.
I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP
THANK YOU!

I take it that "Remember folder views in Folder options" does'nt do that then ?

Maybee you alsready tried this, but go into one forled that lookst like you want it. Or make it like you want it. Then click on the Tools menue of that folder, then go to foleder option. In folder options click on the view tab and then you should see all the view properties as well as an "Aply to all folders button" Click on it and it should make all your folders look like this one.

If you are sure that you want this folder view for every folder, you turn off "remember every folder's view setings".

This always worked for me, If it does not work try possibly restarting your system then press the "resset all folders button" in view and that should return all folders to the windows default and hopefuly remove any setup problems in windows. Then setup one folder like you want it, and aply to all folders aggain.

Good luck.

thanks for the help!
but it still seems to go back to the original.
I'll just have to deal with it.

This following fix I found on another XP-forum

Run regedit and find the following entries

1/[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU]

2/[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags]

Back them both up, then DELETE them both.

Reboot, then start setting your folder views.

I find that when i've set my folder views it is far easier to press CONTROL-ALT-SHIFT as you close the folder to save the settings AND IT WORKS!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back