Folder view settings

T

TonyH

When using windows explorer, I like all my files to be in the "list" format, but in control panel I want to use icons. However XP keeps changing the control panel icons back to the list format. The option "remember each folders view settings" is selected but it makes no difference. Anyone got a fix for this?

There is no fix, it's a bug. Happens to all of us who like the settings the same way you do.

Try this

Backup these keys just in case anything goes wrong.

1:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU]

2:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags]

After that delete them. and restart...your folder settings should get remembered now

Qumahlin, you are a genuis!! After countless reboots, control panel still remembers it view settings! I'm not totally convinced yet, because in the past its been OK for a couple of days and then gone back to the list format. Thanks for your help!

Why can't M$ fix this? This has happened to me since Win95.

MS is too busy not fixing their security vulnerabilities and not fixing the refresh rate..so why should they start a trend by fixing this lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back