Folder view problem

B

buddha

No matter how many times I set my global default folder view to "details" it invariably reverts to any number of whacky views pretty much at random, seems to have something to do with the filetypes in the different folders but it also seems to select a folder view pretty much at random, never the one I want. I want one folder view for all folders regardless of their content, "details". Is that possible or did the MS programmers not deign to include that option in XP? Thanks for any help.

No, clicking "Folder Options/View/Apply To All Folders" does not work. My system just has a good chuckle every time I select that and then immediately mocks me by doing the complete opposite.

Try this:-
To make the folder settings stay, there are two methods,

A) One is to delete the two registry entries (after backing them up).
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags]

B) Another is to add the entry "BagMRU Size" and set it to a value greater than 400 that is the default
Go to:-
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell
and add a DWORD called
BagMRU Size
and give it a value of
000003e8
Then go to :-
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam
make a DWORD called
BagMRU Size
and give it a value of
000003e8

try unchecking remember each folder's view settings then hitting apply to all folders

see attached pic for clarity:

Thanks, I think the problem was that "Remember each folders view settings" was checked.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back