Folder View Keeps reseting

Android412

OSNN Addict
The "view" (details, thumbnails, list, etc) for my folders keep reseting in windows explorer. I went into Tools->folder options->view->remember each folders view settings and its checked, but they constantly reset.

Any ideas? Its becoming a real annoyance.

Android412

Last edited:
what about trying "Restore defaults" in same place and seeing if that helps?

I've had the same problem for ages, also.

Just tried "Restore defaults" and "Apply to all folders" etc. but no luck.

Put a windows explorer icon on your desktop, right click the icon and goto the shortcut tab, paste this in " %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n, /e, /select, C:\ " without the quotes after you have everything setup the way you want it.

and if that works for you I think we should rep the guy (though I do not have the problem to test it!)

Hey thanks for the tips, tried the restore defaults one, seems good...so far. Will let you know if it sticks.

Android412

Guybo42, by "after you have everything setup the way you want it." do you mean having all the folders in each view that you want? As in, some list, some thumbnail etc?

That's really not practicle for me because I have a lot of folders.

It would be nice if I could simply select the view I want and when I close and reopen the folder it remembers the change. But I've lived with it for ages now so I'm sort of used to it.

I also have a lot of folders but to prevent an easily confused brain on my end, what I do is setup new folders on my desktop for the proggies I used the most ie: Burning software, grapic soft, games etc... Then I right click the taskbar at the bottom, goto the toolbars tab at the top of the menu and I select desktop, this put a shortcut on the taskbar that allows an expanded view of the desktop folders/icons that can be quickly accessed without minimizing any other opened windows. Just a matter of personnal preference I guess, I'm sure there are a few different ways of doing the exact same thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back