Folder share problem

SupaTek

OSNN Addict
I have 3 PC'c networked via a simple hub. PC1 is connected to the internet through adsl and all 3 PC's can connect to the internet at the same time with no problem. But the problem is with file sharing on PC1.
PC2 can share files with PC3 and vica versa, PC1 can access files on PC2 and PC3. But niether PC2 or PC3 can access files on PC1 I get the "You do not have permission etc etc" I have disconnected the firewall and even uninstalled it, but it makes no difference. This appears to have happened after a major upgrade to PC1 where i had to do a repair installation Of Windows XP Pro. All 3 pc's have the same OS.
Any Ideas?
Thanks

1. Try using the ping command to see if the other pc's can communicate with the first.
2. You need to have users accounts the same on each of the pc's, with the same password being used on each pc for the same user name (if that makes sence) eg user name "bob", password "qwerty" on each pc.

Yes, They can all ping each other. All the Pc's are in the same network and none of them have a password set.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back