Folder Options Problems

Smoke286

Smokeater
I was messing around in my folder options, trying to change some icons under file types, while trying to change my icon file folder icon under advanced I seem to have some how screwed with the actions now the default action is find, and the only other option is scan with adware. So now when I right click on any folder, it goes to the search screen, I must left click on the folder and click on the open potion in order to open the folder. Does anyone know how I can simply recover from my stupidity?

:(

Here's the sucker...

go to start/run, and type:
regsvr32 shell32.dll

Did it for me!

Start Registry Editor (Regedit).
Locate and then click the Default value under the following keys in the registry

if this problem occurs with drives:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell

If this problem occurs with folders:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell

Click Modify on the Edit menu.
Type none in the Value data box, and then click OK.
Quit Registry Editor.

Teddy I tried the thing you had there, it didnt work.

yoyo;
I did find the drive key, it's value was already set to none, however there are
two subfolders under it "find' and "Scan with Ad-aware"

However, I could not find any registry entry for
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell

even when I did a search of the registry it came up with nothing

That word shell is actually one word. Due to a bug or something in the forum software it is not possible to post this here correctly if you not insert extra spaces. Did forget it this time.

The key is

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ Directory\ shell

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT goes two times through the ABC. Look in the second part. The key is there.

Good news, I got it fixed, all I had to do was go to folder options/file types/advanced and set default. duh :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back