Folder Options Problem

open up explorer. extra -> first tab -> 3th/4th bullet option. classic style or something like that, hope you got it :p if you dont get it i will post a screenshot :)

Did you check that registry key I gave you in the previous thread?

If I understand what you are saying your problem is just open Windows Explorer, click on Tools, Folder Options, under Browse folders select Open each folder in the same window.

Oh, ok I tried that first, it doesnt change anything, it is set to open in the same window, but it still opens a separate window all the time

Still having this annoying problem yoyo could it have something to do with the registry settings I changed?

What I recommended is the default setting. Perhaps you should doublecheck.

At

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ Directory\ shell

when you click on the folder next to shell, it should read in the right pane

Default REG_SZ none

(not an empty string, but the word "none")

Do you have any subkeys under shell apart from "find"?

I have the following subfolders under shell
explore
find
Scan with Ad-aware
Winamp Enque
Winamp Play

in the right pane it says:

Default REG_SZ explore

should I set the value back to none?

These are all under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ Directory\ shell not under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ Folder\ shell?

If so, first right click the key, choose export and save it as a backup, just to make sure.
Then change the default value for shell to none and delete all subkeys apart from find .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back