• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

folder from hell.

W

wastingnick

hello, im running windows xp prof., and i have a folder that has nothing in it, and ive tried deleteing it everyway there is. ( logged on admin , went in safemode, REAL dos, winxp dos line, reinstalled windows) NOTHING works, if anyone has any suggestions that they think would work, that would be great!! let me know thanks!!

if it helps when i try to delete it, it says
"cannot delete file: cannot read from file or disk"

H

Hilander

Originally posted by wastingnick
its a folder from my digital camera 12.25.01
Well if the folder name is 12.25.01 then according to the article shouldn't this command work?
MoveFileEx(12.25.01, NULL, MOVEFILE_DELAY_UNTIL_REBOOT)
reboot and it's gone.
or so the article says

put it in words i understand thanks man!!!!
I can't even put it into words I can understand. I have no idea where this MoveFileEx program is that they describe because it's not even on my hard drive.

I bombed on this one :( . I wish I had the answer for you. There's a few people having this problem and I don't know how to help.

W

wastingnick

but where do i post it on the txt Wininit.ini, im so clueless , i don't think i understood one word from that document. lol

W

wastingnick

that was a joke, but i treid it anyways and as soon as i did refresh and went back to the properties "hidden" was unchecked :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debbieherrin