fltmgr.sys in Vista

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Anyone know why this might be appearing in a BSOD? it seems to be just about the only one i get that actually shows a specific file causing an error (surprisingly not nvidia related). Tried an install of an official version of Vista Business, as well as a not-so-official install of Vista Ultimate. both wind up BSOD'ing shortly after arriving at the desktop (the latest one happened just after installing Vista Business and trying to install NForce drivers).

Last edited:
next time you get a BSOD write down the hex numbers (0x00000000) and post here. I can look further into it :)

Just formatted the partition i had Vista installed on while in XP. figured that way it could get a full format, instead of a quick format which is all the Vista installer seems to do. I'll try reinstalling again in a little bit.... and if i still get that BSOD (which seems highly possible), i'll reply with the numbers.

Hmm..... kinda seems like that's all it needed. after that full format, i went to install Vista, and when it got to the point where i had to choose where to install it, i thought "you know what.... let's delete the partition too, just to make sure". did that, installed fine. installed motherboard drivers, rebooted. installed video, reboot. installed sound, reboot. installed mouse and NVidia Ntune, reboot. sat at the desktop for a minute or two.... and still nothin. gonna have to try it out again tomorrow. after doing all that, shut my computer down and unplugged it cause there was a sh*tload of lightning going on. most seemed to be cloud-to-cloud.... but was still making the TV go fuzzy on just about every flash, and there was a LOT of lightning. practically one every 5 seconds... if not faster.

i wish i could have. video woulda been nice too, but we don't have a working video camera anymore, and my digital camera kinda sucks at taking pics at night.... i don't think it would have done very good at night with extremely bright flashes of light. talk about some hella white-out in those pics.

Was freakin great though. my mom was sleepin downstairs, i put my shoes on, she's like "where are you going?". i told her i was goin outside to watch a bit of it, and she's like "aren't you worried about getting zapped?", to which i promptly replied "nope". Sucks cause it was still raining a little, so looking up for long periods of time got a tad annoying..... then it started raining harder again. Was just neat to see all the flashes of blue and pink and other colors..... and every once in a while see a bit of a lightning bolt peek out over the trees. Some of them went clear across the house. chain lightning rocks, especially when it's cloud to cloud. I remember sitting down at the drive in last summer watching X-Men 3 when there was chain lightning going cloud-to-cloud... but not as frequent. i was in freakin heaven, except for the fact that i couldn't sit there and watch it cause i had to go to work the next day.

Times like that i wish i had my own little rooftop observatory or some crap.

Last edited:
hi guys, if ur done with ur discussion abt the storm, i wanted to report a similar problem. altho my vista ultimate is working fine, whenever i put in a DVD, i get the BSOD telling me that theres a problem with the fltmgr.sys. It only happens when i put in movie DVDs, data discs work fine. it also works fine in safe mode.
what can be the problem? cud it be bcoz of my NVidia GeForce 7400? if u want, i can post the hex numbers. otherwise, the only alternative i have is to uninstall each of my programs in turn, and see which one's causing the problem.
pleeeeeez can u help me?

Can you edit that into English please? There is no character limit so you can fit whole words in. Thanks.

Can you edit that into English please? There is no character limit so you can fit whole words in. Thanks.

I'm sorry 'Lord of LA'. I saw that you two had used shortforms in the earlier posts, so i thought it would be ok if i wrote in shorthand. anyways, i 'll repeat my question properly:
hi guys, if your done with your discussion about the storm, i wanted to report a similar problem. although my vista ultimate is working fine, whenever i put in a DVD, i get the BSOD telling me that theres a problem with the fltmgr.sys. It only happens when i put in movie DVDs, data discs work fine. it also works fine in safe mode.
what can be the problem? cud it be because of my NVidia GeForce 7400? if you want, i can post the hex numbers. otherwise, the only alternative i have is to uninstall each of my programs in turn, and see which one's causing the problem.
pleeeeease can u help me?
Lord of LA, would you be kind enough to look into the hex numbers if i posted them here?

folks - i have the same problem...

blue screen when you insert a dvd in the dvd drive.
vista reports that this is due to nav - so i uninstalled nav and the prob goes away.

installed kaspersky av and the issue returns...

tried disabling av on dvd drive but the problem persists...

can't work without av...

help!

thx.

i haven't even installed antivirus yet.... and i've been running Vista flawlessly for probably 2 weeks now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back