Floppy seek fix

O

Outlaw21

If you are experiencing floppy drive seek every time you open a folder or Windows explorer, go to 'services' and set "Shell Hardware Detection" to 'automatic'. This will stop the floppy seek every time you open a folder.

nice TIP man .. thanks

That was annoying me hearing my floppy drive crunching :)

ok this is off topic...but wouldn't you bet that 2 days ago I took the step of removing my floppy drive as I hadn't used it in god knows how long....

and today my boss gives me an excel file on a floppy...and refused to just e-mail it to me doh!

Originally posted by Qumahlin
ok this is off topic...but wouldn't you bet that 2 days ago I took the step of removing my floppy drive as I hadn't used it in god knows how long....

and today my boss gives me an excel file on a floppy...and refused to just e-mail it to me doh!

Your not alone, I only use a floppy when setting up XP after a good fdisk and format... Other than that I haven't used a floppy for so long.

Yodums

Well go figure after all this time .... now my puter starts the floppy seek well its a new puter not the one I had when I last posted here but I checked the services and it is set to auto and when I open explorer darn floppy kicks in and buzz's for a few seconds ... would love to know how to get that to stop seems the auto setting in services dont do a thing :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back