Floppy problem!!!!

R

renakuajo

few days back i need to use my floppy, so i activate it ( i disable it in the bios few months ago) the thing when i try to boot from it it gave this error:

Disk failure
I/O error
Replace disk, try again....

Any ideas????

Did you use the XP format utility to create an MS-DOS startup disk?
The same thing happened when I tried it once ... later realized it was a problem with the floppy itself (bad sectors probably)

Just use a new floppy, create a MS-DOS startup disk with the XP format utility and it should work.
Worked for me ... hopefully it works for U 2! :)

it's easy to have the floppy ribbon cable flipped upside down. try removing it from the drive, turning it over, and putting it back in.

i've had the same problem a couple times with different comps.

Floppy Drive

Just a quick note about floppy ribbons. If the ribbon is backwards the access light on the floppy will be on all the time without a disk installed. I know I've done this too many times. Dickhead

Ok, thanks for your tips. I know the tip of the ribbons so thats not the problem.....I'm using or try to use a ME startup disk and a W98 startup disk, none of the 2 works get the same error each time i tried. So i think the problem is what iowaboy said: "more than likely you will have to replace the floppy drive".

So i desactivate again the floppy adn hope it burn in hell :D

I aint gonna buy a new floppy i better make the starup disk in a cd or a zip , anyway thatnks for the help and tips

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back