Floppy not responding

F

fitfella29

my floppy drive isnt detecting any disks and i want to reformat so without it i cant,ive just updated my bios will this have anything to do with my problem?

First make sure it still connected to the board. Does the board access it while you are booting up? If all that is ok then just replace it they are cheap $6.00 U.S.

Best of luck.

ive just bought a new one as i thought the old one was broke and it doesnt access it while its booting up.

Isn't the new floppy working either? Are you sure the cables are correct? Does the floppy-light glow all the time by any chance?

yes the light does glow all the time does that mean ive got the cable backwards???

Yeah, stupid floppy cables!

It's a very easy mistake to make :)

go into your bios, and first make sure that the floppy is setup properly, then look for a setting that says something like "boot up floppy seek" with this setting turned on your computer will test te floppy when you boot.

i think my psu just died on me it never rains but it pours does it!

thanks for the help tho,much appreciated.

Your PSU?? Bummer. You didn't just manage to loosen any cables did you? Like the mobo connector?

the light on the mobo comes on but nothing else happens.ive only had that system two months and when it got delivered it was exactly how it was now and i sent back and they replaced the psu.

not sure if i can go thru all that hassle tho if it is the psu ill just replace it myself or take it somewhere local.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back