floppy drive troubles

alan2273

I love the Penguin
I have a shuttle which I have just put a floppy drive in, the drive does not power up when it is switched on, but if I turn the ribbon cable the other way round the light on the floppy comes on permantly ( which says that the ribbon cable is in the wrong way.)
So by putting the ribbon cable in the wrong way it shows their is power getting to it, but put it in the right way and nothing.

Has any one got any ideas on this, as it has me baffled.
The drive is brand new.

Erm try another floppy drive or get out of old times and not use it! Ever heard of USB Pen Drives?

alan2273 said:
I have a shuttle which I have just put a floppy drive in, the drive does not power up when it is switched on, but if I turn the ribbon cable the other way round the light on the floppy comes on permantly ( which says that the ribbon cable is in the wrong way.)
So by putting the ribbon cable in the wrong way it shows their is power getting to it, but put it in the right way and nothing.

Has any one got any ideas on this, as it has me baffled.
The drive is brand new.

Maybe the controller for your floppy has died.

Happened to me, I just got myself a cheap internal zip 100 drive with a caddy and few zip disks for £6 ish from ebay.

Floppy disk drives are pointless nowdays.

It is working now, all it required was to select the 1.44mb option in the standard features.
I shall now go and bang my head against a wall.

Good you got that sorted I love my floppy and I am not going to remove it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back