• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

floppy drive troubles

alan2273

I love the Penguin
I have a shuttle which I have just put a floppy drive in, the drive does not power up when it is switched on, but if I turn the ribbon cable the other way round the light on the floppy comes on permantly ( which says that the ribbon cable is in the wrong way.)
So by putting the ribbon cable in the wrong way it shows their is power getting to it, but put it in the right way and nothing.

Has any one got any ideas on this, as it has me baffled.
The drive is brand new.

L

Lee

alan2273 said:
I have a shuttle which I have just put a floppy drive in, the drive does not power up when it is switched on, but if I turn the ribbon cable the other way round the light on the floppy comes on permantly ( which says that the ribbon cable is in the wrong way.)
So by putting the ribbon cable in the wrong way it shows their is power getting to it, but put it in the right way and nothing.

Has any one got any ideas on this, as it has me baffled.
The drive is brand new.
Maybe the controller for your floppy has died.

Happened to me, I just got myself a cheap internal zip 100 drive with a caddy and few zip disks for £6 ish from ebay.

Floppy disk drives are pointless nowdays.

alan2273

I love the Penguin
It is working now, all it required was to select the 1.44mb option in the standard features.
I shall now go and bang my head against a wall.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierge