Floppy Drive letter, how can i change it

B

baddger

I had an ls120 drive attached to my computer which i removed a few days after installing XP. it was drive letter a: and my 1.44 floppy drive was letter b:
After removing the ls120 my floppy is still letter b: and i would like to have it as drive letter a: but i cant seem to find a place to change this

Try going into your bios and seeing what your bios has it assigned under.

In bios there should be an option to flop them around, give that a tick and see if it straightens it out. You might go ahead a say "none" on one boot, and then re-enable it on the next so XP can pick it back up again. Don't know if any of that will work, well the Flopping them should, but it's stuff i'd try.

Yes it is pretty much what you posted you led me in the right direction BUT it just didnt work!!!!!!! Using the method to RENAME did. Just wanted to let you and everyone else know.

Sorry if i seemed to upset you, about what i found just trying to give out as much help as possible..

peace

Easy to change drive letters in Admin Tools, Disk management, but floppies seem more difficult judging from the posts.
If that does not work, check BIOS again. A setting often called "Disk Swap" has nothing to do with swap file, but changing A to B or vice versa.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back