Floppy and window

T

tastingw

There are two questions I need to ask
The first is about my floppydisk

Every time when I boot my computer en log in to XP Prof. it;s checking my floppydisk. Does anybody have the same problem or does anybody have the solution.

My second question is about the windows

When opening for example my d: drive I miss the the statusbar underneath the window, under 98 it displays for example size. I thougt I had seen it but if so now it's gone. Does anyone know how to solve this

Thnx

Tastingw

I belive most bios's have an option of don't report FDD in windows or something to that effect, look through your bios and then you can change the setting to stop it from checking the floppy every boot, also sometimes if you have norton AV installed it does this as a virus check

As for the bar that says size and such I'm not 100% sure to what you are referring but if you look on the left hand side of your window there will be boxes with arrow icons and one of them has the drive details and will tell you total space, free space, and used space

hope this helps some

re:

Well,
what about the floppy, I use NAV so that can be the problem.

Thnx for that

What about the the bar. It's like the bar in IE on the bottom when you press an link you can see where that link goes to. So what you suggesting ( the bar on the left site ) I already know that.

But thnx anyway !!! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back