flight sim questions

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
hi

been wanting to get a flight sim for some time, finally decided to do it

what's the best program, then what controllers should I buy?

I have an ms flight sim 98, have the sims improved since that was released enough to purchase a new program or should I use that one?

the most important question though is what controllers I need

thanx in advance

any idea what controllers I should buy?

are there other companys that make better simulation programs?

they're still making them. Flight sim X, which is the lastest, is not so old. just so u know.. requires one beast of a pc, so make sure u got one.
if u dont, Flight Sim A Century of Flight (the previous entry) is much lighter and still pretty cool.

if you wanna try any military sims (from ww2), the il-2 series is the best and u can get the full pack on steam.
i dont know if there are any new modern ones.. Falcon was pretty good in the old days.

no idea about controllers tho.. maybe u should check newegg?

almost forgot, also look for a program called RogerWilco, use it with a mic and speakers for online server flying. You can talk to other "pilots", fly to airports together, etc. Adds another level of realisim to the fun. Enjoy!

Probley the one of the best controlers or flight is Saitek X52 Flight Control System

http://www.amazon.com/Saitek-X52-Flight-Control-System/dp/B00030GSJY

M$ flght sim X is about as accurate as you can get for standard aircraft, cant say on military.

Then you can also goto simviation.com and fsdownload.com for addon planes, sceanery, etc.
thanx for the controller and program info maveric

is it worth the upgrade to the latest ms sim program or are they all right about the same?

I would go with the newest M$ flight sim X , there is usually enough of a difference to really make it worthwile. I don't have the FS X yet, I have century of flight, but I have been too busy to even play much, but I will be getting it soon.

Well the latest in the series is here:
http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/

I think MS actually stopped making them now? I seem to recall.
Anway, looks like that page also has a demo so you can check it out.

Probley the one of the best controlers or flight is Saitek X52 Flight Control System

Amazon.com: Saitek X52 Flight Control System: Electronics

M$ flght sim X is about as accurate as you can get for standard aircraft, cant say on military.

Then you can also goto simviation.com and fsdownload.com for addon planes, sceanery, etc.

thanx guys, got the latest from ms and the saitek, now off to the clouds

holy crap this thing takes forever to install, this takes longer to install then microsoft office, photoshop and auto cad combined

HUGE frigging program!

anyone know how many computers this license is good for?

I hope I can install on more then one, I plan on upgrading this box pretty darned soon

also, I was planning on going entirely 64 bit, I don't even know if this runs in 64 bit though it is microsoft so you would think it does

must say, am incredibly disapointed with flight sime, I would have thought the scenery would be more realistic, no reason in my opinion, especially since the program took two hours loading all the graphics

my system runs the program fine but am simply disapointed with how unsophisticated these graphics are

but am having fun flying, can only do it for about an hour at a time before I get bored

thanx everyone for the help getting me going, always wanted to do get this program, now I have it and though am disapointed with the scenery am happy over all with the x-perience (dot org)

I would double check your setting and make sure you have everything turned on if the scenery is poor, flight sim has the best scenery of any flight sim program on th market, if your still not happy, check out the sites that I posted about above. There are add-on/replacement scenery packs (free) that you can download that might be more to your liking.

As far as rudder peddels goes, check out system from CH at Flight Simulator Software - MyPilotStore.com

They also have stuff for IRL pilots that you can use to make your flying experience even more realisitic, like flight maps, approch maps, kneeboards, etc. Just all depends on how much realisim you want to add.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back