FLEXnet AdminStudio

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
This is the first FREE MSI creating package I have found, figured I'd share it :)

Enterprise IT departments are under constant pressure to quickly deploy new applications, updates, and patches. But failing to properly prepare these packages for deployment poses serious risk. Deploying bad packages can crash critical applications and cost enterprises dearly in terms of help desk costs and lost productivity.

Macrovision’s FLEXnet AdminStudio solutions enable enterprise IT departments to prepare reliable packages for deployment quickly and correctly. Whether you have one packaging team or multiple IT centers around the globe, FLEXnet AdminStudio standardizes and streamlines your software packaging process, improving the reliability of your applications, reducing desktop management costs, and increasing IT productivity.
http://www.macrovision.com/products/flexnet_adminstudio/index.shtml

What makes you think it's free? Last time I looked, FlexNet admin studio v7.5 standard was $1,799.00 (their "enterprise version" is $8,999.00).

The only "free" version is their evaluation version.

yep.. it's just for evaluation :(

I don't think there is a free instal program out there for pc

{there is for mac though :laugh: }

There are a lot of free MSI editors out there..

MaSaI (now owned by ScriptLogic and commercial - but you can still find an older free version floating around)

Caphyon has a freeware version of their Advanced Installer product

You can use Wise Install Tailer to create transforms to customize existing MSI packages (easier than taking a full MSI package apart and recreating a new package)

You can use the WiX toolset

MSICreate is free for non-commerical use

QWERTY.MSI and MSIBuilder are also out there

Of course, there is always the MS provided ORCA

edit: fixed a URL link

Last edited:
Well, I suppose I didn't read their site correctly last night :p

Thanks for the alternative recommendations Fitz :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back