flat panel or CRT

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
what is better for gaming, and pirce is not an issue at the moment,

a 21" CRT or a 21" LCD ??

i ahve herd thing that there is something almost like gosteing on lec screens and that thye are not as good for refresh rates and stuff. is this true or what, what one is better

AFAIK, CRTs are better for gaming, simply because of higher refresh rates and no screen-tearing. Newer LCDs are pretty good too, but again, CRT's are still have the crown for gaming.

LCDs are significantly easier on the eyes, though. So you might consider those if you spend a large amount of time in front of the screen.

k well i need some sleep so i will check in the morning to see what devloped of this

crt's IMO..

when you starting going BIG... price does become a factor :)

18 odd inch tft's are not cheap...

also a good crt has nice refresh rates/dot pitch/resolution advantage... over tft... unless you get a really good tft... which costs some money again..

for gaming id go with a CRT, they can keep up with the fast movement and 3d better. you don't want to miss someone flying up on you cause of a refresh rate.......lol

anyway. also you can get a bigger CRT for the same or less money.

have a coworker that just did that, went out and got a big LCD to do his stuff and now asked why its seems jumpy sometimes.....:huh:

Originally posted by spikemic
for gaming id go with a CRT, they can keep up with the fast movement and 3d better. you don't want to miss someone flying up on you cause of a refresh rate.......lol

anyway. also you can get a bigger CRT for the same or less money.

have a coworker that just did that, went out and got a big LCD to do his stuff and now asked why its seems jumpy sometimes.....:huh:

a brain upgrade seems in order for this co-worker :)

New (good) TFT:s are fast enough for gaming and movies. I can't see any dragging or strange effects anyway...

TFT:
- Completely stable picture, easy on the eyes.
- Bright and vivid colours
- No messing about with refresh rates to keep headaches at bay
- Very small footprint

CRT:
- Much higher resolutions
- Better viewing angle independance
- Cheaper

This goes for the quality screens of course. The decision depends on your priorities IMO.

Originally posted by spikemic

have a coworker that just did that, went out and got a big LCD to do his stuff and now asked why its seems jumpy sometimes.....:huh: [/B]

what brand monitor was it?

Oh, I forgot. TFT is also acctually "bigger per inch". TFT counts viewable area, whereas CRT is counted on the entire tube (which is bigger than the viewable area).

That's why a 15" TFT is said to be "as big as" a 17" CRT.

Get yourself the TFT man they're so cool and take up no space on your desk, much lighter and easier to transport. Actually if money really isn't an issue, get both!!!! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back