Flashing intel bios problem....

a dreams forever

OSNN Addict
Please help me. I went to intel.com and decided to update some drivers and such for my desktop. one of them was to flash my bios. I pressed on the program and it restarted my computer updating stuff in bios. after it was done it restarted my computer again but now nothing happens. I turn on my computer and it starts up but NOTHING is shown on my screen. nothing.. its black.. the computer starts up and doesnt even beep. just sits there. i see lights on my motherboard and such bit nothing. how can i fix this?

wait.. do you have an intel motherboard? was the bios u downloaded made for that exact model?

if it was a wrong one, u may have ruined ur mb

Assuming it is the correct BIOS for your motherboard - check if they also have a FDD version. Download it from another computer and put it onto a floppy. Boot to the floppy, try the upgrade again. Something appears to have not gone right with your previous upgrade attempt.

Tried all of that. Nothing. I just went and got a new motherboard. Works fine now. It was the same model bios that I downloaded. I tried the cmos and the recovery bios but the problem was that i was getting no signal at all to the monitor.

My uncle had a similar problem about 2 weeks ago. He would press power, and it looked like it powered up but no signal on the monitor. Basically I unhooked everything, and tried booting with just the monitor attached, worked fine. Hooked up one thing at a time and everything worked. No idea what the problem was, for some reason it worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back