Flash MX - Dreamweaver MX

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
Hey,

My cureent site was made with Notepad lol. :D I've decided to gegt a but more advanced so I've bought Dreamweaver MX, and Flash MX/

Does anyone know of any good sites that have tutorials, which will help me learn Flash MX, and Dreamweaver MX?

thanks,

o_87

Hi o_87. I've just started using it aswell, and think it's an amazing product. My first suggestion would be to use the tutorials supplied with the product. Launch DW then press F1, click on Getting Started>Creating your first website then use the black arrow to scroll through the first tutorial. Sounds poo, but I learned quite a lot in a short space of time geared specifically to the DW app.

If you find any sites yourself, let me know!

;-)

thanks guys, I'll check 'em out ;)

Anything for Flash MX?
:)

it is an excellent program, no doubt. But Frontpage XP is much easier to use !!!!!!!

I've used Frontpage, but I can make better sites with notepad! Frontpage sucks!

I have got the macromedia studio mx which has Dreamweaver MX and I must say it is an amazing piece of software well worth the money.

Where did you get the theme for your July Desktop from? It makes mine look kinda dated :D

Re: Re: Flash MX - Dreamweaver MX

Originally posted by anewhope
Where did you get the theme for your July Desktop from? It makes mine look kinda dated :D

are u talking to me?

I never understood why people think dreamweaver is so good (im a notepad/vi/text editor user), personally i dont like it at all. and as for frontpage, it produces hefty amounts of un-needed code making your page bloated and slow! ...yeck :p

exactly.. It made a ton of files which I didnt know what they were used for....

Yeah, i remember all that vti_xx_ (i think it was vti) stuff being well annoying!!!

You might want to try this forum out....
http://www.dzygn.com/forums/
Its a site that is beginning to grow so, not a lot of stuff there, but if you ask your questions there, you might find some help...
Later.

macromedia stuff is to the web that photoshop is to graphic arts, the best
and the new mx stuff is the best ever

flontpage is too bloated and slow - crap

Why is dreamweaver so good though ?

what can it possibly do that can't be achieved with a text editor ?

Why is dreamweaver so good though?

Originally posted by SPeedYB
Why is dreamweaver so good though ?

what can it possibly do that can't be achieved with a text editor ?
Actually to be honest with you... dreamweaver is not any better than notepad. I have been with lot of hardcore dhtml coders. Pretty much a large number of them hand code everything... and everything is being done on their notepad. If you know your stuff (html/js/css/dom/xhtml) notepad is good enough. But if you are one of those people who like the idea of color coding and aren't good at debugging your script yourself (assuming that we all make mistakes) and want the program to check your errors for you, you should go with something more than just notepad.

So, when you are working with something more than just notepad or a text editor which takes a little more ram, because of the program size; you want stability with that program. Which is what spikemic is talking about.
Now, what makes dreamweaver so good?
I found that it has lots of features to work with and lots of different coding style tied into on single program... (css, asp, php, etc). Besides, since its a macromedia program... it combines the program with other macromedia products... like flash (i am sure you all know that).
So, is dreamweaver still better than FrontPage?
I don't know... its all personal opinion. Its how you run the program and what kind of invironment you like to work with.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back