flash drive not showing up

dubstar

format c:
its defaulting to "F:" which is fine with me, but when i goto "My Computer" its not showing up as an icon.. anyone know what i can do to have it show up?

edit: also, i tried formatting to NTFS file system, but it will only format to Fat, not even Fat16, or Fat32.. how would i direct it to formatting to the NTFS file system?

in command prompt i did fdisk f:, format f:, and convert, but it says i cannot convert this current drive.. any way around this?

Dubbin1

I Like Cheese
First off why do you want to convert a drive that small to NTFS? As far as it not showing up did you try restarting?

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
My favorite self-induced problem [because I once spent 6 hours trying to figure it out]. Did you use TweakUi to hide drives in Explorer?

dubstar

format c:
j79zlr said:
My favorite self-induced problem [because I once spent 6 hours trying to figure it out]. Did you use TweakUi to hide drives in Explorer?
good call j79zlr, solved me right up! thanks!

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
lol, you'd be surprised how many times that is the solution to similar problems :)

Xie

- geek -
also wouldn't such a drive have a program to format and such on manufactors site?

dubstar

format c:
Xie said:
also wouldn't such a drive have a program to format and such on manufactors site?
i checked, but all i could find was drivers, which it said i dont even need because of windows xp.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ganster