Flash Drive not detected on front USB ports

mightymo

OSNN Junior Addict
I bought a 1GB PQI Intelligent Stick 2.0 flash drive. For some reason it doesn't work on my front USB ports. I have two in the front and four in the back. It works fine in the back. I never had any problems with my front USB ports and I use my digital camera in the front all the time. Any ideas?

well first check if it's usb2.0, if it is then when you plug in the drive and you see that lil bubble in that the drive is installed and ready to use if it and you can't see it in my computer then you need to change it's drive letter

Funny you should mention that, I have the same problem where the flash drive will not be recognised by the front two USB 2 ports, but is okay on the rear four. And yet I can plug any other USB device into the front ports, and they work fine. Checked wiring etc and all is OK.

maybe it likes it better in the butt...

Strange. My 2.0 Drive works fine in a USB 1.1 socket.

But your 2.0 drive may not be backward compatible. Most of the MBs have some USB 2.0 ports and the rest are USB 1.x. Check your MB the front ports may be 1.x

One guy I know says he has had problems with an ASUS NF2 not liking some of his devices (scanner and cd tower) so check for any new MB USB drivers and MB Bios updates. Come to think of it my camera does not always get recognized properly when I plug it into my new USB 2.0 HUB. Used to work fine off 1.x HUB.

Cool, I just called Antec and they said they had a problem back in 2003 with the USB ports not reading USB 2.0. So I was right, my flash drive doesn't work on 1.1 ports for some reason. They are going to send me the little USB board for me to replace. Awesome.

mightymo said:
Cool, I just called Antec and they said they had a problem back in 2003 with the USB ports not reading USB 2.0. So I was right, my flash drive doesn't work on 1.1 ports for some reason. They are going to send me the little USB board for me to replace. Awesome.

Wow, thats worth it just to buy the 1.1 drive :p

mightymo said:
niice

OK I got the new front USB board and installed it. Flash drive works now, so that was the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back