flash copying

V

vanilin

hi there does anybody knows how to copy flash movies from the webpages

i will be gratefull for your answer

Looks like you have to use software to do this. Do a google search for 'save flash from web'. Haven't come across any freeware ones yet.

if you use a download manager (like GetRight or Go!Zilla), you can copy and paste the URL into the manager's web grabbing section (can't describe it better unless you use it, i use GetRight), and then you can download just the *.swf file

Thanks for the tips people; I actually was wondering about this one too. heh Jawshoouh; your siggy went from the beauty to the beast :p

Clear your Temporary Internet Files/cache.
Go to the page and load the flash animation.
Fire up Explorer and search your Temporary Internet Files folder for *.swf
When you find it, open it with IE and enjoy ;)

open notepad make a link <a href="http:whatever">adsf</a> save as html open up and right click on and click save as... and if you are trying to look inside the file there is a program that will let you take parts out of it even if it is password protected

Ended up with the same result as you, Hipster. I would definitely go with Netryder's solution. Pick it up in your temporary internet files. Why take all these steps to save something that is already saved?

Yep that looks like the way to go. I did try 'flashdown' but it is too complicated for me. I like simple. :D

view the source code of the page and find what the name of the flash is (IE. Mario.Swf) then run a search on your computer for that file and u can find it.

Since I often pick things out of temporary internet files I have a special program for it (CacheX IE), but before I had it I just opened the folder (C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files) in detail view and clicked on the header of the type column to sort it by type. You can then scroll down to all the .swf files and copy those you want or simply use drag and drop.
If you are using another browser the location of the Opera cache usually is C:\Program Files\Opera\Cache4\. The files are renamed and look like opr02D1P.swf. For Mozilla the location is C:\Documents andSettings\{username}\ApplicationData\Mozilla\Profiles\default\aeshknyw.slt\ Cache .Here you will find only a bunch of files with no suffix at all and it takes some effort to find the right one and rename it.
;) NetRyder, does this count as a reason to stick with IE? ;)

no its not cause the cache in IE ain't all that friendly too look at either ;)

who goes browsing through their cache normally anywayz pfftttt

or in mozilla press ctrl+i, go to the media tab, select the flash and then click the "save as..." button

Yes, go to Edit->Preferences->Navigator and click "Set default browser" :D

I know that one. Haven't done it yet. :p

I can't believe that people are trying to sell programs to get swf files off the net.
:mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back