Flash BIOS (ALT F2) method

dave holbon

OSNN Veteran Addict
I flashed my BIOS (Alt F2 method) with the latest update and during the course of the flash the MB re-booted before the flash was complete. I’ve done this a few times before (using the boot floppy method) with the same system with no problems. On inspection the BIOS chip is blank apart from the boot from floppy section (emergency BIOS load). Instructions from the board (EPOX 8KHA+) manufacturer suggest using a non-accelerated graphics card but this did not work either even using the specially supplied Autoexec.bat file to provide the necessary keyboard inputs without being able to see anything on the monitor.

I have had to order a new BIOS chip from the importers, but the question is this. Is there any known problem with this motherboard and the inbuilt ALT F2 method of BIOS flashing that anyone knows about?

I've tried flashing with the original supplied version and all versions in-between. They appear to work (I have no display and have to listen to the floppy drive) but on re-boot no BIOS. Just one long beep, two short beeps (graphics card) and what sounds like a low pitched gotcha!. Could this be a virus I'm wondering?

Could be but the machine I'm using to talk to you at the moment has checked the disk with no problems found. However the disk was formated using XP and it took ages, this machine is WIN 98 don't know if this would make any difference though.

catch23: - punkrock, bass guitar, and wasting my life on this forum

Yes I've two identical floppy's for this purpose. Iv'e just checked with Norton (original disk) which tells me it's full of errors. As is the other. How the hell could this happen in less than a month?

Thsnks Catch23. It the simple things we miss.

scary indeed... hehe i wonder if u freeze them in an air tight bag they will hold data longer.. like BREAD!!!!!

... i know it is late dont mind me...

.... i am gunna put a pic one one and freeze it and take it out next summer!!! what a trial!

wish me luck...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back