• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Flash Actionscript: launch Prog from flash?

is it possible to launch a program via flash?

I have tried to do it using getURL(), but instead of launching the program, it opens the web browser and thinks the .exe is a download, and brings up the download prompt (which I suppose it should)

so just wondering if it was possible for flash to launch an .exe

L

lechtard

are you talking about flashget or macromedia flash ?? You can launch a prog from both, with flashget you don't need an action script ..

talkin about good ol Macromedia Flash (MX)...

and I suppose I could attempt to do something with java, but Im not as fluent with that as I am AS, and I would like to keep it as contained and non messy as possible

Un4gIvEn1... many thanks.. within ten seconds of going to actionscript.org, I found my answer, and as I was hoping, it doesnt take much:

On (Release){
FS Command ("exec", "Test1.exe")}

only problem is that since this is an FS command... it can only be executed by a projector file (export the movie to .exe) I will keep on looking, and keep on taking suggestions, thank you all much... if I find an answer, Ill stick it in here in case someone searches for it later (pfff...lol)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown