Fixing dual boot...

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
i dual booted vista and xp, then i ditched vista and now ehn i go to boot xp, i get first an error, then to chhose what os i want..here is my log..i just dont know how to chnage it!

;
;Warning: Boot.ini is used on Windows XP and earlier operating systems.
;Warning: Use BCDEDIT.exe to modify Windows Vista boot options.
;
[boot loader]
timeout=3
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT

Thanks

"Removing Windows Vista from a dual-boot configuration

loadTOCNode(2, 'moreinformation');
If you want to remove Windows Vista from a dual-boot environment that includes an earlier version of Windows, follow these steps.

Note You can follow these steps in the earlier version of Windows or in Windows Vista. If you follow these steps in Windows Vista, run the commands from a command-prompt that has elevated user rights. To do this, click Start, click Accessories, right-click the command-prompt shortcut, and then click Run as Administrator.
1.Use Bootsect.exe to restore the Ntldr.exe program. To do this, type the following command: Drive:\Boot\ Bootsect.exe –NT52 All

Note In this command, Drive is the drive where the Windows Vista media is located.

After the computer restarts, it does not load the Windows Boot Manager program. Instead, Netldr.exe loads and Boot.ini loads.
2.Delete or remove the partition where Windows Vista is installed.

Important You can only delete the partition where Windows Vista is installed if that partition is the non-active partition on the system. For example, consider the following scenario:
Windows Vista is installed on drive C. Drive C is partition 1 and is the active partition. Windows XP is installed on the drive D. Drive D is partition 2 and is the non-active partition. In this scenario, you can run the bootsect command, but you cannot delete the partition where Windows Vista is installed. If you delete this partition, the computer is put into a non-bootable state because Windows XP boot files are deleted."

Ok it didn't work, what i did was i had a partition, so since i no longer wanted vista, i booted to xp and deleted the partition, so when i enter the drive letter for the command, nothing happens...i attached pic whne i use f for the drive and when i use C for the drive...

Attachments

• c drive.jpg
    c drive.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 75
  • f drive.jpg
    f drive.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 68

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back