[Fixed] Zamingo?

Corvette

Sauske!
For a little bit now I've been getting unexpected ad's for a place called Zamingo.com . Does anyone know what this is?

They have been appearing even on sites without ad's and even with MSN Toolbar enabled.

I have Spybot and it never said anything about that particluar ad

Also I am also saying that because of this, I have swiched back to becoming a full-time Firefox user.

this FIX is for zamingo.com & 680180.net

For the victims of the 680180.net <A TITLE="Click for more information about <A TITLE="Click for more information about adware" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://messagebroadcaster.net/bannerfarm/link/sw/sw.htm">adware</A>" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://messagebroadcaster.net/bannerfarm/link/sw/sw.htm">adware</A>, there is information on what system changes were made in the setupapi.log in the Windows directory. Here are some of the files that need to be deleted to resolve the popup issues:

Click START & go to MY COMPUTER, right-click then click EXPLORE & click the WINDOWS folder then click SYSTEM 32 folder then find the following below & delete it. Just delete ADStartUP.exe, all the files names listed below(delete AdUpdater.exe, adupmanager.xml, data.xml, IEEnhancer.dll) & not the full links here. Also u might not be able to delete ADStartUP.exe right away but follow the instructions here below on the registry edit & u can go back & delete the ADStartUP.exe & the rest... it works for zamingo.com & 680180.net pop-ups disappeared.

%Windir%\System32\ADStartUP.exe
%Windir%\System32\AdUpdater.exe
%Windir%\System32\adupdmanager.xml
%Windir%\System32\data.xml
%Windir%\System32\IEEnhancer.dll

After deleting these files from your system you will need to delete a registry entry:

Click the "Start" button on the taskbar

Click "Run..."

Type "regedit" and click the "OK" button

Click the "Start" button on the taskbar

Open the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" registry key

Right-click "Adstartup" and click "Delete"

That's the site that has been producing those popup's also! *jots it down!*

Thanks, You can put a [resolved] tag on the title if you want now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back