[FIXED]Request for windows media player 10 file

Sazar

Rest In Peace
if anyone here has the wmp10 beta installed I would like to request a file..

by default windows media player is installed in program files > windows media player

the application launcher is wmplayer...

if you could please attach the correct wmplayer file I would appreciate it... I was playing around with some settings and teh version number appears to be fubar and I haven't been able to rectify it :(

any help would be much appreciated :)

thanks...

nah I have the dl'er... I need the installed wmplayer file in the folder I specified...

its ok.. better to get it dealt with before everyone links me up with the dl'er :D

ta though...

come on... 41 views :)

someone has to have the file or a link to it...

how bout the wmp9 players wmplayer file?

*bump*

come on people :)

its only a tiny little file...

yup thats the thing..

installing the gant 2 ocean set appears to have fubared my wmp setup...

I can't install 9... I can't rollback to 9... I can't run 10 coz of some internal error (thats the error message... very descriptive :) ) and I can't uninstall anything properly...

short of re-formatting i am stumped... am trying out different things right now... thankfully i have a rather excellent ati media player but I don't plan to use it long term..

first off... I do use winamp... I prefer using wmp9 coz it synchs perfectly with my wireless keyboard and I can watch movies and the like a lot easier...

secondly I have been using wmp for the longest time and i have had no issues with it..

I reinstalled the gant 2 ocean series and apparently it does mess with the .exe files of wmp...

if someone has info on how I can change the settings so that the correct version is read (or to change the version in registry to the correct number) I would appreciate it..

currentlty the message I get is posted in teh attachment... that very media player is the stock basic one that comes with winxp (pre version 9) and I can't install ver 9 coz ver 10 is installed and fubars the setup...

10 works fine... I just need to get the settings changed so the correct version is read...

btw yes I have tried system restore... I unfortunately do not have a system restore point before the gant 2 install or one from that time so it doesn't do me any good...

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 85
ta m8.. I'll give it a go when I get on my machine... am using the laptop right now...

I tried installing wmp9 but I keep getting a message saying my version is newer and installer is exiting and what not...

I'll check out this installer and see what it does for me...

damn....... why on earth would it be expecting to see windows media player version 6? whoever made that pack really fuxed up. glad i didn't install it, though i did install FlyAKite 5.1 (the Mac OSX Panther conversion pack for those who didn't know), and that didn't work. reformatted yesterday.

well there is an option (which I didn't see initially) to change some .exe's

it had originally been pointing to ver 8 or something..

I managed to reinstall the pack w/o changing the other .exe's but i need to get this working again... its really bugging me :)

Electronic Punk said:
6.4 is mplayer2.exe

yah.. funky thing is it wont let me install 9 coz there is a newer version and it won't let me install 10 coz of the issue I posted..

I have tried removing all mp related files from my system and tried again but no go...

gonna try a coupla other things before I delete it permanently and resort to ati media player...

Unwonted said:
What about the WMP 9 OPK from here? Well, unless you've already tried it, of course.

cheers :)

anyways seems like I no longer have a version problem but the issue is of an internal player error :(

again I am assuming this has something to do with the original .exe's changed around by the Gant 2 ocean icons installer... any ideas would be appreciated...

afaik I have re-installed the bugger...

Now that you have 9 installed, does it coexist with 10? Or is it installed instead of 10? If that's the case, maybe you can run the command line

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\wmp.inf,Uninstall

Which rolls you back to Windows XP original version, and maybe you can reinstall. Or maybe we're not even looking in the right place for the fix. Time for some outside-the-box thinking, accompanied by Google!

B R B

the version number is all set @ 10... not 9...

I can't install 9 straight up and 10 doesnt want to leave my system :(

it just keep saying internal player error...

thanks for your time unwonted...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back