Fix Your Broken Nvidia Panel....My Way !!!

BonyTony

OSNN Senior Addict
A fix for the broken panel applet within the nvidia drivers from the 40.**`s

I installed the Nvidia 40.72whql drivers again after trying many many ways to fix the applet then i tried this and it has now worked on 2 different Pc`s.

Install drivers.....Reboot...then use the attached file (which you have seen before i guess) after windows has restarted...do what the attachment fix says step1/step2/step3 but DO NOT REBOOT it is not needed and DO NOT reinstall the drivers again as if you go to the geforce applet it is now fixed!

Even after reboot the Gf3/4 applet works fine.

Ps..I was like many others using the fix on uninstalling the drivers then rebooting which did not solve it for me...so tried it after the install.

Deleting nvrseng.dll will solve it too, nvidia thought they fixed it in 41.03 - I told em they hadn't ;)

I wish someone had posted it...or did they in here as i never saw it :D

And its been bugging me since 40.41 arrgh.
Or make up a simple sticky at top of drivers saying what to delete,as i know a fair few peps who have this problem.

Most Games Dont work with the 40.72 drivers anyway, hitman2 an need 4 speed hot pursuit 2, wont even start with them on my geforce3.

All games i dont play.... i play Tribes 2/unreal+unreal 2003/medal of honor+add ons/quake 3/morrowind elder scrolls/half life +mods/Gta3 and return to castle wolfenstein and for these games all the 40.** drivers work fine,so its not my "Most Games"

My post was just to fix the applet:p

Yeah, sorry it's only something I discovered the other day while actually talking to nVidia about it.

Should be fixed in the next drivers.

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Deleting nvrseng.dll will solve it too, nvidia thought they fixed it in 41.03 - I told em they hadn't ;)

WOW :D Big up respect to EP. You don't know how long this has pissed me off for, every time I went into the Gforce 2 GTS applett it crashed!!!! In any drivers 40.x > I had to go back to the 30.x drivers for the applett to work.

I delete the stupid file listed and Bingo !!!!!!! I can now use it.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks again

Jailer..

No need for this anymore as all seems to be fixed in the 41.09 version of the drivers on www.nvidia.com,my panels are working on both systems with this driver!.

I downloaded 41.09 and it wouldn't install, my card wasn't listed :(

Jailer..

Gforce 2 GTS

here is a snippet from the ini file used to install it lists the supported cards.

NVidia = "NVIDIA"
NVidia.Nv17.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 460"
NVidia.Nv17.2 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440"
NVidia.Nv17.3 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420"
NVidia.Nv17GL.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro4 500/550 XGL"
NVidia.Nv17GL.2 = "NVIDIA Quadro4 200/400 NVS"
NVidia.Nv18.2 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X"
NVidia.Nv18.3 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440SE with AGP8X"
NVidia.Nv18GL.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro4 580 XGL"
NVidia.Nv18GL.2 = "NVIDIA Quadro4 280 NVS"
NVidia.Nv18GL.3 = "NVIDIA Quadro4 380 XGL"
NVidia.Nv25.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600"
NVidia.Nv25.2 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4400"
NVidia.Nv25.3 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200"
NVidia.Nv25GL.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro4 900 XGL"
NVidia.Nv25GL.2 = "NVIDIA Quadro4 750 XGL"
NVidia.Nv25GL.3 = "NVIDIA Quadro4 700 XGL"
NVidia.Nv28.2 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X"
NVidia.Nv28GL.1 = "NVIDIA Quadro4 980 XGL"
NVidia.Nv28GL.2 = "NVIDIA Quadro4 780 XGL"

Looks like it is only for GeForce 4 and Quadro 4 :(

Cheers

Jailer..

I'm using the official 41.09s on my TNT2!

It should work with a GF2 for sure :p

Hey Jailer,

I've got the 41.09's installed on my Xtasy GF2 GTS, work fine.

See attachment.

Just checked and I had 41.04

I downloaded 41.09 and it works straight after the install.

I didn't realise that Nvidia had already released the next version of the driver.

Cheers

Jailer..

41.04 is only for GF4 as you found out...ps you did not get 41.04 of nvidia site as they have not posted it,must have come from a 3rd party site like guru3d.

Originally posted by BonyTony
41.04 is only for GF4 as you found out...ps you did not get 41.04 of nvidia site as they have not posted it,must have come from a 3rd party site like guru3d.

Yes it was guru3d I was trying to sort out the crashing problem, I found a like to these forums there.

Jailer..:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back