Fix Firefox Extensions (Session Manager) Disabled

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
This isn't really fix but a work around, session manager publisher provides the necessary info;
My only recommendation is to either not update to Firefox 57, use the Firefox ESR build or use a forked version of Firefox that does not remove support for add-ons such as CyberFox or Waterfox.

I personally switched to cyberfox and it seems to work flawlessly with otherwise disabled adds I have installed, like video download helper and session manager.

If anyone has a better solution, let me know in the comment area and I'll edit those in the main body here.

American Zombie posted added information for us;

Actually you might as well just use Firefox ESR as that is what the author of Cyberfox has switched to for his sources.

Cyberfox 52.0 lands with some large changes dropping support for Windows Vista and switches over to the Firefox 52.0 ESR branch

Last edited:
Actually you might as well just use Firefox ESR as that is what the author of Cyberfox has switched to for his sources.

Cyberfox 52.0 lands with some large changes dropping support for Windows Vista and switches over to the Firefox 52.0 ESR branch

Also says the browser will be EOL in 12 months and that was back in March 2017 so only about 3-4 months left.

What does this mean as a Cyberfox user, this means in 12 months you will likely have to find another browser but there still remains an uncertainty that the browser could continue past this point with a new lease of life but at this stage consider it 12 months to EOL (End of life). Sorry for such a long post but i felt you all deserved a good explanation about whats happening for the browsers future and its current direction.

Source: https://8pecxstudios.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1756

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back