First time webpage!?

Impulse4life

Windows Perfectionist
Hey Guys

I wanna make a web page from my own computer by using Frontpage. How do I go about doing this? :cool:

I would firstly draw your intended page onto paper firstly. Go off and create a title, write down the text you want to add, links stuff like that.

I would then goto c drive and create a folder and name it, something like website. Open this folder right click inside and create two further folders 1 named images the other audio, audio is not needed if you don't want sound.

Open frontpage and click the little white piece of paper below file on tools bar, then you're off, plot your tables, cells and add content at your leisure.

If you wish for more information, select some sites to read here

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=front+page+help&btnG=Google+Search

When you save save html/htm to website directory and images to images folder inside website folder.

GOOD LUCK :p

*agrees*

personally I currently use (because I use FreeBSD as an OS so I cant really use Dreamweaver or GoLive) a text editor with syntax highlighting teamed with Firefox and the web developer plugin and use that to work out the CSS.

XHTML tutorials and info
CSS tutorials and info

Ok, personally. Dreamweaver is the best. Well Frontpage is nice if you are just learning this stuff. But like what was mentioned before, you should create the folders organized as something like website/ and then 2 sub folders, I usually do images/ and pages/ as audio is only something if you want sound, and usually it's pointless. You can always use Adobe Photoshop to create the design for your website, and then use the slice tool and put that into your pages that you've made.

Paint Shop Pro will work for that as well.

whomever designed, implemented the "slice tool" should be shot.

HTML is not hard to do with notepad, honestly, seriously.

Well, frontpage is easy, quick, nice & simple... thats the only reason!

And I will fix my signaturevery soon... sorry about that I wasnt aware.

I usually have the following style of folder layout

/ <- web site root directory, usually named by the site name
|- images <- where all the site images are kept in their jpg, gif or png format
`- Originals <- where all the site images are kept in their application native format, psd and so on

then depending on the project I might have a banners folder for link images and so on like that

also impulse4life, change your sig its dimensions are currently in violation of the guidelines

IT's chaged now ppl, sorry but things dont happen instantly!

Thanks for the help by the way!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back