first time overclocker, need help plz

T

toxicity

Im thinking about overclocking my computer.
Im running a P4 1.7Ghz
And for a motherboard i have an Intel D845HV.

also have the 3 standard fans (PSU, CPU, Video Card)

got 2 hdd (140 Gb, a cdrw and a dvd-rom on it also.

can anyone tell me anysites that can tell me how i can do this with my specs. also, is there any software you recommend i get to overclock. i alread have sandra. and i also looked on overclockers.com.

Don't even bother O'C'ing ...Unless you just want to of course !

Grym ( and my brain can't process the difference anyway)blayd

Does it really need o/c'ing? I mean 1.7Ghz is good enough for most people, why not just buy a new CPU, cos you don't have any cooling yet part from the basics, so it will cost a you a lot in fans or watercooling etc, and you won't even get a very good o/c out of that CPU and mobo setup.

Skazz

no, not watercooling. Fans are cheap. doesnt cost as much as you think. and i got connections to get computer parts cheap. any, was just wondering cause a friend of mine bought a 1.8Gghz and he o/c it to 2.7Ghz. just looking for a performance increase. dont know about you guys, but i notice differences.

Originally posted by toxicity
was just wondering cause a friend of mine bought a 1.8Gghz and he o/c it to 2.7Ghz.
2.7? But that wasn't just air cooled was it? Sounds more like water or sub-zero cooling to me.

It is quite possible that his friend reached 2.7ghz air cooling, and a little extra voltage. The newest 1.8's are some of the best overclockers around, thats what I'm building at the moment :)

P4's are great overclockers and 1ghz overclocks are not uncommon on air.

If it was a 1.6A or a 1.8A I would overclock it because they are northwoods, but the 1.7 willies are poor overclockers, you can give it a go though, lots of fun :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back