First sighting on Geforce 9800GTX? On sale!

sweeeeeet

from the site:
Price: £235.00
Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk

I've never heard of either one of those manufacturers. UK companies?

I've never heard of either one of those manufacturers. UK companies?
i had a gainward card or two back in the day but they've since disappeared. now it appears that Palit (the other 9800gx2 manufacturer) bought them up and is reviving the brand;

Gainward.com said:
...at Gainward we like to focus on the great advantages we benefit from being a member of Palit Microsystem Inc family.

it also look like they'll just be in the european and chinese markets.

Yea I have not heard of those companies either, but awesome looking.

When will they be in North America?

Strangely the Geforce 9800GTX has now been removed from Amazon - as well as a couple of other websites which listed it earlier today.

It's looking like it could be in the £220 - £250 price range, which is definitely worth looking at!

It's still on Lambdatek, but I've taken a screengrab incase that goes down too.

Attachments

• gtx.JPG
    gtx.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
I am sadly not under that one :)
As if NVIDIA would talk to someone outside the US!

Too ashamed to say, but you spend months waiting for the 9450 then...

2x HIS ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2 1024MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express)
2x Corsair 4GB DDR2 XMS2 Dominator PC2-8500C5 TwinX (2x2GB) Supplied with Airflow Fan (TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF)
Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX9650 "LGA775 Yorkfield" 3.00GHz (1333FSB)
Asus Rampage Formula Intel X48 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Enermax Galaxy 1000W EGX1000EWL ATX2.2 Modular PSU
Pioneer BDC-202BK 5x BD-ROM + 12x12 DVD±RW Serial ATA Dual Layer ReWriter - (Black)

Edit: Damn, just realised they messed up my order, asked for a BDRW - ah well maybe it was for the best.

Lovely stuff - though I thought you might wait to see what NVIDIA are releasing over the next few weeks. I've been quite tempted to get an ATi graphics card recently (I really need an upgrade) but I decided to wait to see the full NVIDIA offering first - if the 9800GTX price is right, that'll be the first high-end graphics card I've bought since my Geforce 2 all those years ago!

Think I will be quite happy, its the first ATI card I have for quite some time to go with the first Intel system I have had for quite some time :)

size of some of these cards are just plain bloody stupid

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back