Firmware upgrade trashed XP?

W

Waldo

Have a Lite-on 40125s burner, have upgraded the firmware several times. Last night went to flash new "P" firmware, flashed successfully, rebooted and got a BSOD stop error. Scandisk found numerous cross linked files in System32\Drivers folder, illegal long file names in Prefetch folder. Fixed those errors, rebooted - same result. Booted to Win98 and reflashed burner to "N" version, rebooted XP and all was well. Thinking I was nuts, redownloaded "P" firmware, reflashed and got the exact same result. Fixed it the same way. Anyone ever heard of this?

I haven't heard of it myself, but tell you what I wouldn't flash it the third time, twice is usually enough for me.

cool.gif

I hear ya, really didn't want to try the second time but could not convince myself that flashing was the problem. I'm convinced now.

i've never understood why ppl who's burners are working perfectly fine flash them?? if you are having problems i can understand

Like the man says - "If it ain't broke keep fixin' it til it is."

I have flashed DVD drives a few times to remove the Region Settings on them, voids the warranty, but hey.
Not sure if that would be considered illegal though.

Yeah "If it aint broke, tweak it til it bleeds" someone here had that in their sig at one point.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back